Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Firefighters Pledge

I promise concern for others. A willingness to help all those in need. Promise courage - courage to face and conquer my fears. Courage to share and endure the ordeal of those who need me. I promise strength - strength of heart to bear whatever burdens might be placed upon me. Strength of body to deliver to safetyall those placed within my care. I promise the wisdom to lead,
the compassion to comfort,
and the love to serve unselfishly
whenever I am called.

Never give up,
Never give in,
Fight 'til you lose...
Or fight 'til you win.

Never let up.
Never let down.
Never let the frightened...
See you frown.
Wield your weapons.
Conquer all fears.
Work 'til your sweat...
Replaces their tears.
Learn from your losses.
Savor your wins.
Prepare for the next one.
And battle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment